[SOLVED] MSI B450M Mortar max or Asrock B450M steel legend two of them witch is better?

Sep 23, 2019
I am going to buy Ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450M Mortar Max or Asrock B450M Steel Legend witch motherboard is perfect for me.. I am not going to overcloing.... Plz help

Solution
I am going to buy Ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450M Mortar Max or Asrock B450M Steel Legend witch motherboard is perfect for me.. I am not going to overcloing.... Plz help
I prefer the Mortar, personally, for it's very strong VRM and two M.2 sockets, both of which will accept PCIe NVME's. But the Steel legend also has a 2nd M.2 that accepts M.2 SATA drives. For an R5 3600 either will do perfectly well with one NVME for system and SATA data drives.

One thing to watch for with the Steel Legend is that it's BIOS has been updated to Ryzen 3000 compatible. The Mortar Max is built specific for Ry3k so it's going to have a compatible BIOS. Either one should be updated to the latest available for the board when you get it, though, to get...
I prefer the Mortar, personally, for it's very strong VRM and two M.2 sockets, both of which will accept PCIe NVME's. But the Steel legend also has a 2nd M.2 that accepts M.2 SATA drives. For an R5 3600 either will do perfectly well with one NVME for system and SATA data drives.

One thing to watch for with the Steel Legend is that it's BIOS has been updated to Ryzen 3000 compatible. The Mortar Max is built specific for Ry3k so it's going to have a compatible BIOS. Either one should be updated to the latest available for the board when you get it, though, to get best performance with latest AGESA microcode.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS