Question MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Motherboard

I wanted to build a small, cheap back-up PC with the above motherboard in case one of the kids computers decides to die at some point. Is it an 'ok' board? It'll just run a 3400G, no bells or whistles.

Lutfij

Titan
If you need the board/system, to be a backup build in case of emergencies, then yes the motherboard will get the job done. If you're looking for reliability, I'd suggest looking at something a little higher end. One with WiFi onboard and with a heatsink on the VRM's. Just be sure to pick out a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit for the build.

Reactions: kurdtnz
If you need the board/system, to be a backup build in case of emergencies, then yes the motherboard will get the job done. If you're looking for reliability, I'd suggest looking at something a little higher end. One with WiFi onboard and with a heatsink on the VRM's. Just be sure to pick out a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit for the build.
Yeah, just literally a back-up pc to stop the kids killing each other if one of their computers fail for any reason,(for me too actually!) until I can fix it. Already have the 2x8 3200mhz RAM. The reason I mentioned this board is Ive seen it going really cheap, (£40)