Question Msi B450M Pro-VDh GPU

Elliot98

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
I am looking to install a Micro ATX B450 into my case hwoever on most of the motherboards I have looked at reviews say that both pcie slots are blocked. I need one for my Wireless card so does anyone know if this Mobo has enough
room or not? If not are there any Matx that do as I would prefer to not upgrade.
just to clarify. Would both Pcie slots be blocked with an Rx Vega 56 or 1660 gpu? and is there a Matx mobo that would allow me to use at least one?

Does your Wifi card use PCIe x1 (the small one) or full-size x16? What wifi card is it?
If it uses X1 the Msi B450M Pro-VDh should have the bottom x1 slot available with a dual-slot GPU.
If your Wifi card uses x16, there are a few boards which should have an x16 slot available when using a 2 slot GPU.

This is a good candidate since it has 1 free x1 and one free x16 slot when a 2 slot GPU is used. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/dQgzK8/asrock-b450m-pro4-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-pro4

Last edited:
Reactions: Elliot98

Elliot98

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Thanks for the quick response it uses the smaller ones. I assumed that the bigger gpus may take up the space so thanks for clarifying that. SO the MSI should work fine?

Yes the MSI will work fine. The GPU takes up room below the slot, not above.
Since the smaller x1 slot on the MSI is far enough below the video card, it won't be blocked. Just make sure your video card is a 2 slot card or less. A 3 slot card will take up the space where the wifi card would go.

Elliot98

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Actually just looked at that ASROCK and it isn't worth the risk with the MSI for the 10 pounds less. thanks again for your help. Both cards are dual slot. the main reason I asked is because most old gen mobos have 3 pcie 1 slots and with a 1070ti i have to use the bottom despite it being 2 slots. seems too big for itself in all fairness.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

TRENDING THREADS