[SOLVED] MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX vs Gigabyte B450M S2H

Aug 28, 2021
Which of the motherboards should I get?
Any major pros for one of them? Or it doesn't matter which I choose?

(I'm returning my MSI A320 because the System fan header does not have DC voltage control and it always spins at 100%. I saw that the B450M PRO-VDH MAX does support voltage control, and so is the Gigabyte)

Solution
Thank you. So this specific MSI has better BIOS control over the Gigabyte B450 one? Funny, because I just returned the A320 MSI due to lack of System Fan control :p

Anyway, I returned my A320 and purchased the B450M PRO-VDH MAX, thank you!

Btw, how effective would it be to try and stick my own heatsink on the SoC VRM? Since it doesn't have it there
I liked and used Gigabyte MBs for long time but with Ryzen they dropped the BIOS ball except on top MBs.
I doubt you can get close to overloading that part of VRM on small MBs.
Which of the motherboards should I get?
Any major pros for one of them? Or it doesn't matter which I choose?

(I'm returning my MSI A320 because the System fan header does not have DC voltage control and it always spins at 100%. I saw that the B450M PRO-VDH MAX does support voltage control, and so is the Gigabyte)
Max, better BIOS control. Anything is better than A320 !

Reactions: Filingo
Aug 28, 2021
Max, better BIOS control. Anything is better than A320 !
Thank you. So this specific MSI has better BIOS control over the Gigabyte B450 one? Funny, because I just returned the A320 MSI due to lack of System Fan control :p

Btw, how effective would it be to try and stick my own heatsink on the SoC VRM? Since it doesn't have it there

I liked and used Gigabyte MBs for long time but with Ryzen they dropped the BIOS ball except on top MBs.
I doubt you can get close to overloading that part of VRM on small MBs.

Solution