Deleted member 2710903

Hi,

I build a new pc with the following components:

- MSI B450M pro vhd v2
- AMD 2200G
- G.Skill Value DDR4-2400 2x4GB
- PurePower 11 300W
- motherboard speaker

The computer isn't posting. I removed everything unnecessary (no HDD, Drive, USB etc.).
I reinserted the cpu and cooler and reinserted the mainboard. Tried all RAM DIMMs in all slots and even without any RAM.

At first the cpu light on ez debug was on. Now the only thing I get is a CPU fan spinup, first flashing of cpu light then flashing of all other ez debug lights. After that the computer shuts down. To restart the computer I need to remove the power supply cord.

I also tried JBAT1 reset and removing the bios battery.

What do you thing is the issue here? Is it possible to determine the exact component?

D

Deleted member 2710903

I did dig up an older FSP power supply and testet the MB with CPU and RAM outside the case. [strike]And it worked! So the new BQ PP power supply was the issue. Why didn't I think about that in first place. I would have saved hours of checking everything over and over again.[/strike]

D

Deleted member 2710903

Today the computer shows the save issues with the other psu. Sometimes the computer does not start with the described symptoms. If I unplug the power cord and replug after some minutes the computer eventually starts normally. Then after hours (with unpluged power cord) the computer won't start again. I have totally no idea whats wrong. It's everytime the same setup (same psu, same cpu, ram mb) in the same enviroment (outside case or inside case; doesn't matter).

I'm happy for all suggestions to identify the faulty component.