Question MSI B550 Gaming Plus shows Boot LED lit and there's no display ?

Feb 18, 2021
Hello all. I've ran into a huge problem (at least I think so) with my pc not booting.

Specs:

Case: MSI MPG Gungnir 100
MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Plus
RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (3200 MHz)
PSU: Cougar BXM 850
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Geforce RTX 2070 Dual Series

The problem I'm facing is that I'm unable to get my pc to post or show anything on my monitor and the white LED light is on for "Boot."
-I've made sure monitor works with another pc.
--GPU doesn't seem to be the problem since I tried another working GPU in the exact same setup and the same problem occurs.
-SSD appears in BIOS in working pc.
-Tried to flash BIOS already
-I haven't tried to reset CMOS but as this is a brand new MOBO fresh from the box, I'm not sure if that's necessary.

I've run out of ideas to work on and I'm slowly losing my mind on this. If anyone can help me it would be super appreciated.

Feb 18, 2021
was it working before?
what exactly is this ssd?
PC was working before. I was building another pc and it needed a MOBO so I transferred old MOBO (B350M Gaming Pro) over. I just bought the B550 Gaming Plus. I know it sounds like the MOBO but I'm not sure why it wouldn't work with my setup.

The SSD is a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
PC was working before. I was building another pc and it needed a MOBO so I transferred old MOBO (B350M Gaming Pro) over. I just bought the B550 Gaming Plus. I know it sounds like the MOBO but I'm not sure why it wouldn't work with my setup.

The SSD is a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO.
Remove the drives and try to boot into BIOS.

EDIT You could leave the drive in but try to boot into BIOS. Reset CMOS first that never hurts.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021
Remove the drives and try to boot into BIOS.

EDIT You could leave the drive in but try to boot into BIOS. Reset CMOS first that never hurts.
Reset CMOS and tried to boot into BIOS w/ drive - no success
Then tried to boot into BIOS w/o drive - no success either

No display on monitor whatsoever. It's as if the monitor isn't picking up any signal from my GPU but I know my GPU works since it was just working before I switched MOBO.

Last edited by a moderator: