[SOLVED] MSI B550 Tomahawk Bios/M-flash and 1070 ?

DeftonicD

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Ok so here's the deal:

I just updated to windows 11. Afterwards to make sure everything would be nice and smooth, I went over to MSI bios page and got the latest bios. Upon entering M-flash it went completely to black screen. I reset, got the one long, two short beep. Was weird. Did every troubleshoot I could find on my phone. Turns out that After going into to M-flash, My board for some reason doesn't like the DP port on my card. Will boot perfectly with HDMI, but will give me the beeps with DP in.

Was able to update bios to latest for the board. Updated all drivers and reboot. Now no matter what, if I have the DP connected it will give me the one long, two short beeps, then POST beep and act like nothing is wrong. Is there a fix for this? Or am I SOL cause of the earlier fumble with trying to update the bios? Kinda at a loss here with what to do to stop the error beeps.

Specs:

MSI B55O Tomahawk Mobo
Bios: 7C91vA8
AMD 5600X CPU
Zotac 1070 AMP
G.Skill 32gb Ram (2x 16gb sticks)

Solution
Update! After doing some digging around I found This old thread and in the comments (Comment I'm talking about highlighted) A dude brought up CSM in bios. So I went in, switched it over from UEFI to CSM and now my VGA LED and beep problem are gone. I'm guessing that something weird happened to my Bios when I went to flash and that setting either switched, or just didn't like me trying to go into M-flash with a DP connected. Either way, I think I fixed the problem now. So thanks, Keith for the help.
Ah, excellent. I'm glad you've got that sorted. No worries, I'm glad to offer help. But on this one you've figured it our yourself, which is a result. Happy gaming :)

DeftonicD

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Hey there,

Did you do a CMOS clear after the bios updated? This is essential to ensure the bios takes correctly. Most likely will solve your issue. Let us know how you get on.
I did. Even removed the battery. Still gives me the VGA Led and the beep code (One long, two short), then will do a Post beep and proceed on, but my screens will not activate til I'm at the windows login. This only happens if my main monitor is hood to DP. HDMI seems to have no problem.

Sometimes I thinking I hear one long beep followed by one short, then another Long beep. But that could just be me.

I did. Even removed the battery. Still gives me the VGA Led and the beep code (One long, two short), then will do a Post beep and proceed on, but my screens will not activate til I'm at the windows login. This only happens if my main monitor is hood to DP. HDMI seems to have no problem.

Sometimes I thinking I hear one long beep followed by one short, then another Long beep. But that could just be me.

That's really odd. Hmmm Has this only happened since Win11 install? Have you tried rolling back? If it's less than 10 days and is an upgrade you can roll back to WIn10 in about 15 mins. Worth it to check. WIn11 is still not perfect by any stretch.

Reactions: DeftonicD

DeftonicD

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
That's really odd. Hmmm Has this only happened since Win11 install? Have you tried rolling back? If it's less than 10 days and is an upgrade you can roll back to WIn10 in about 15 mins. Worth it to check. WIn11 is still not perfect by any stretch.
I can try. I might even try rolling back bios just to be sure before windows. Just hope it's not the Mobo.

Yeah, it's odd. Never thought that using M-flash would make my system do weird things..

DeftonicD

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Update! After doing some digging around I found This old thread and in the comments (Comment I'm talking about highlighted) A dude brought up CSM in bios. So I went in, switched it over from UEFI to CSM and now my VGA LED and beep problem are gone. I'm guessing that something weird happened to my Bios when I went to flash and that setting either switched, or just didn't like me trying to go into M-flash with a DP connected. Either way, I think I fixed the problem now. So thanks, Keith for the help.

Ah, excellent. I'm glad you've got that sorted. No worries, I'm glad to offer help. But on this one you've figured it our yourself, which is a result. Happy gaming :)

Reactions: DeftonicD
Solution