Dec 23, 2020
Hi, i've recently brought some new parts for my PC heres the full setup,

CPU Ryzen 5 5600X
MOBO MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) 3600MHz DDR4
SSD Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2
PSU Corsair CX500M
GPU GTX 980 Ti

I can't seem to get it to POST or display anything whatsoever. Currently what happens when I boot is that the CPU debug light comes on, flashes to DRAM for a split second, then stays on CPU. With no output from my GPU whatsoever.
I've been looking into this for the past couple of days so i've tried these steps, quite a few times:

• Flashing the latest bios updates onto the motherboard from the MSI website with a flash drive (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-B550-TOMAHAWK)
  • Clear CMOS by removing the battery for 5 minutes, then putting it back in
  • Trying one stick of ram in every slot
  • Checking for CPU pins (and the CPU is aligned with the motherboard)
  • Reseating everything

2h99sdu.jpg
U1Il4tb.jpg

If i re-flash the original BIOS version it turns on and eventually all the debug LEDs go out, but with no display in the end again ;-;

Not sure if i'm just missing something completely, if there is something incompatible or if one of the new parts is a dud.
I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions <3

Dec 30, 2020
I'm facing same problem but I have a ryzen 5 3600 was working fine for 4 months suddenly I started to see a cpu red light not boot screen I clear CMOS JBAT1 and nothing I don't have another cpu to test. Don't know if I can update bios if is not booting. I remove cpu fan and check proccesor seems ok unplugged all cables and verify and nothing.

Aug 18, 2022
Hi, i've recently brought some new parts for my PC heres the full setup,

CPU Ryzen 5 5600X
MOBO MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) 3600MHz DDR4
SSD Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2
PSU Corsair CX500M
GPU GTX 980 Ti

I can't seem to get it to POST or display anything whatsoever. Currently what happens when I boot is that the CPU debug light comes on, flashes to DRAM for a split second, then stays on CPU. With no output from my GPU whatsoever.
I've been looking into this for the past couple of days so i've tried these steps, quite a few times:

• Flashing the latest bios updates onto the motherboard from the MSI website with a flash drive (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-B550-TOMAHAWK)
  • Clear CMOS by removing the battery for 5 minutes, then putting it back in
  • Trying one stick of ram in every slot
  • Checking for CPU pins (and the CPU is aligned with the motherboard)
  • Reseating everything
2h99sdu.jpg
U1Il4tb.jpg

If i re-flash the original BIOS version it turns on and eventually all the debug LEDs go out, but with no display in the end again ;-;

Not sure if i'm just missing something completely, if there is something incompatible or if one of the new parts is a dud.
I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions <3
Hey I’m having the same issue currently, I saw you had it 2 years ago. If you ever found a solution I’d appreciate some help. Instagram/telegram- thezanehere