Question MSI B550 won't boot after cleaning

Mr Necro

Prominent
May 11, 2021
Hi, I have a problem with my pc. It was working fine, but after i took it apart for cleaning. it wont boot anymore. EZ_bug LEG show boot at first and no display. I can't go to bios as well. so i remove the boot m2 and i use a bootable USB drive. There is no LED showing but still no display. I thought it my graphic card. So remove GPU and connect the hdmi to the on-board display port, now it show VGA LED and still no display. I have 2 rx580 i try with both. I did flash bios to latest version, did clear CMOS, did change the cable to display port to HDMI plese if anyone can help. I look online and tried almost everything that i can find still no help.

My spec: MSI B550 carbon gaming wifi
2 x MSI RX580 GPU
M2 500GB
THERMALTAKE SMARTPRO 850W PSU
16 DDR4-3200
RAYZEN 5 3600 GPU
WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT

I saw one of the thread same as me, and it marks solved but i did'nt find any solution there. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/msi-b550-wont-post-or-go-to-bios.3734653/

Mr Necro

Prominent
May 11, 2021
Prety much like always. With brush and vaccum. I took everything apart. I wash the fans. And removed dust form everywhere using brush reapply thermal paste for gpu and cpu.

Prety much like always. With brush and vaccum. I took everything apart. I wash the fans. And removed dust form everywhere using brush reapply thermal paste for gpu and cpu.

Using brush is not always a good way to clean a computer, it's more like moving the dust from a spot to another. Sometimes a wire from the brush could be stuck in a connector or slot.

You might have to take your computer apart again, use compressed air to properly clean all the connectors, ram slot, cpu base... Put them back one by one, start with a minimal config (CPU + RAM) to see what the screen says...

Mr Necro

Prominent
May 11, 2021
Hi all, so update from troubleshooting. I was about to give my gpus to my friend for testing. But when I open the boxes i found my old out of date gpu. So I tried with that. So now the the display come saying that my bios does'nt support this gpu but still give me option to continue when i made selection to continue, windows load up as usualy with scale down windows. I call my friend told him maybe my gpus is faulty, I told him that i tried with old one and it works. He told to try back with the current gpus. He said happened to him once when he swap and swap back it work fine. I try with one rx580, the display came as usual. So i shutdown and go one plug in the other rx 580. When i reboot no display again but this time no led indication also. So i thought maybe the other one is bad. So i trued with only the 2nd rx580. The display come. I shutdown plug in the 1st rx580 and now everthing works fine. I really don'nt know what happened. If anybody can explain this please do so. Thank you very much for you support.