Question MSI B550M Pro-Vdh USB Ports acting weird

zgzdgz

Commendable
Jan 13, 2022
Hello there, somehow the usb ports on the B550M Pro-Vdh are acting really weirdly, like, most of the time the front usb seems to lose the connection between the devices that are connected to them, so for example, you plug something xbox wireless adapter or in general any device, and just randomly it disconnects, so I have to unplug it and plug it back again in order to work, yet the restart of the pc works too, but what does that indicate, motherboard, psu, cpu ? Cause I was thinking that it could be the motherboard behind those sorts of issues, also I don't know if it helps to know, but like a month ago, I was using the pc and all of the sudden, usb mouse stopped working that was connected at the back of the pc, so I've tested all other usb ports with the same mouse that are on the same motherboard, and the mouse worked fine without a single problem, with the exception one usb port that used to work before now it doesnt work.

MSI B550M-Pro VDH
5900x
Manli RTX 3060
16 GB 3200 mHz XMP Vengeance
AeroCool LUX 750 W RGB
Deep Cool Mattrex Mesh 55 RGB
2 Nvme drives
1 Hdd
Windows 11

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for your platform, have you tried reinstalling your chipset drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, with the latest sourced from AMD"s support site?

zgzdgz

Commendable
Jan 13, 2022
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for your platform, have you tried reinstalling your chipset drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, with the latest sourced from AMD"s support site?
Yup, just updated the bios now, and yes, chipset drivers are also up to date.

Oct 2, 2022
Why are you deleting my post, the goal is to find solutions with other people, I just said that I had the same problem, it's to know if it's general with this motherboard.