[SOLVED] Msi B550m vdh wifi q flash?

Jan 22, 2021
I have a msi b550m vdh wifi and a ryzen 5 5600x. I did a q flash but it did not go through. I only had the psu and mobo installed. And had it in the fat formate and stuff. I used a USB type 3.1 speed stick from micro center does the motherboard board only allow 2.1 or lower USB stick or something for q flash?

Solution
As per motherboard manual you have to use pendrive fat32 format for qflash Bios.
Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button
  1. Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from the MSI® website.
  2. Rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM, and save it to the root of your USB flash drive.
  3. Connect the power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No need to install CPU and memory.)
  4. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port on the rear I/O panel.
  5. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the LED starts flashing.
  6. The LED will be turned off when the process is completed.
I have a msi b550m vdh wifi and a ryzen 5 5600x. I did a q flash but it did not go through. I only had the psu and mobo installed. And had it in the fat formate and stuff. I used a USB type 3.1 speed stick from micro center does the motherboard board only allow 2.1 or lower USB stick or something for q flash?
q flash has 32GB fat32 stick requrement, usb version shouldnt matter its backward compatible
make sure u connecting it to correct usb port and bios image name has correct name (msi.rom)
also mainboard need 24pin atx and 4/8pin eps power plugs connected

Jan 22, 2021
q flash has 32GB fat32 stick requrement, usb version shouldnt matter its backward compatible
make sure u connecting it to correct usb port and bios image name has correct name (msi.rom)
also mainboard need 24pin atx and 4/8pin eps power plugs connected

20210219_090144.jpg

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
As per motherboard manual you have to use pendrive fat32 format for qflash Bios.
Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button
  1. Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from the MSI® website.
  2. Rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM, and save it to the root of your USB flash drive.
  3. Connect the power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No need to install CPU and memory.)
  4. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port on the rear I/O panel.
  5. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the LED starts flashing.
  6. The LED will be turned off when the process is completed.

Solution