Question MSI BIOS issue

Benton92

Commendable
Oct 13, 2019
I just updated my MSI B350 PC Mate to the latest bios (verison 7A34vAJ) and now when I boot the system my case fans run at a 1800 - 1900 rpm. This could be a multitude of issues. But when I boot into windows I am able to change the fans back to their original 1000 - 1200 rpm using MSI command center. I noticed that in command center when i turn my fans to smart mode they get go to their normal 1000- 1200 rpm. I believe this is an issue with the default BIOS settings regarding fan control. However all my attempts to fix this problem have resulted in no progress because I don't know how to navigate this new BIOS. Also, my CPU temps are at a stable 34 degrees Celsius, if that adds to the situation. Any help at all would be much appreciated.

I just updated my MSI B350 PC Mate to the latest bios (verison 7A34vAJ) and now when I boot the system my case fans run at a 1800 - 1900 rpm. This could be a multitude of issues. But when I boot into windows I am able to change the fans back to their original 1000 - 1200 rpm using MSI command center. I noticed that in command center when i turn my fans to smart mode they get go to their normal 1000- 1200 rpm. I believe this is an issue with the default BIOS settings regarding fan control. However all my attempts to fix this problem have resulted in no progress because I don't know how to navigate this new BIOS. Also, my CPU temps are at a stable 34 degrees Celsius, if that adds to the situation. Any help at all would be much appreciated.
What's stopping you from setting fan curves from BIOS ?

Set the fan curve in the bios and it wont keep resetting.

It reset because you updated the bios and defaulted all settings.