Question MSI Bios update bricked B450M Pro VDH MAX Motherboard?

Apr 7, 2023
I have updated my MSI B450M Pro VDH Max BIOS from version "E7A38AMS B00" to the latest stable version "E7A38AMS BH0". After the update, the PC did not restart and did not output any signal (all CPU and GPU fans are running).
The following symptoms occur during reboot:

• the error LED on the motherboard lights up at "CPU"
  • there is no "error beep" from the motherboard speaker
  • and I cannot access the BIOS (no image is provided by the GPU)

I have already bridged the CMOS pins, but it did not help. The CPU is not broken (I have a new 5600 and an old 2600 that worked perfectly before). Unfortunately, the motherboard does not support Flashback. How can it be saved?

I have updated my MSI B450M Pro VDH Max BIOS from version "E7A38AMS B00" to the latest stable version "E7A38AMS BH0". After the update, the PC did not restart and did not output any signal (all CPU and GPU fans are running).
after bios update, it should power cycle on its own, you mentioning no signal output to monitor, that means, during bios update, you lost signal to monitor? or after you interrupted bios update?

The following symptoms occur during reboot:

• the error LED on the motherboard lights up at "CPU"
  • there is no "error beep" from the motherboard speaker
  • and I cannot access the BIOS (no image is provided by the GPU)
I have already bridged the CMOS pins, but it did not help. The CPU is not broken (I have a new 5600 and an old 2600 that worked perfectly before). Unfortunately, the motherboard does not support Flashback. How can it be saved?
you could try only one ram stick, sometimes CPU errors are closely tied with RAM compatibility, but if bios is bricked, then only reflashing bios would solve it

Apr 7, 2023
after bios update, it should power cycle on its own, you mentioning no signal output to monitor, that means, during bios update, you lost signal to monitor? or after you interrupted bios update?

you could try only one ram stick, sometimes CPU errors are closely tied with RAM compatibility, but if bios is bricked, then only reflashing bios would solve it

I let the update finish to 100%, then the screen went black. i figured its restarting, but i never did. (all the fans and stuff kept running, the pc just didnt restart)

after about 10 minutes i cut the power and tried restarting it manually. this didnt work either (fans spinning but no signal output)

i tried only one ram stick and cmos reset, didnt work either.
my problem is now how to reflash bios without flashback

I let the update finish to 100%, then the screen went black. i figured its restarting, but i never did. (all the fans and stuff kept running, the pc just didnt restart)

after about 10 minutes i cut the power and tried restarting it manually. this didnt work either (fans spinning but no signal output)

i tried only one ram stick and cmos reset, didnt work either.
so bios should be updated, just it somehow got corrupted

my problem is now how to reflash bios without flashback
it can be reflashed with CH41A programmer, with test clip it can be done without desoldering
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y06x1f22B0

or in PC repair shops

TRENDING THREADS