MSI BIOS Update failed. Black screen, no beeps and no keyboard recognition! Help!

Deltanovember

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
I have a MSI H87M-G43 running an i5. During some gaming I had the automatic MSI updates coming in and possibly being installed automatically. The game froze, so did all the controls. I remember seeing something about trying to reinstall when I hit the power button. From that point the Mobo won't POST. I cannot see anything on the screen, and there are no system sounds.
So far I have tried to reset the CMOS by jumper > Nothing happened.
I have tried to remove the battery for a few minutes > Nothing happened. I did not do those without cutting of power, ofc. I have also tried to change between DVI and VGA mobo's onboard connectors and the DVI port on the GPU (GTX750Ti).
I have come to a deadlock which I do not have any additional information or knowledge to break.

Please ask if you need any other details. Help appreciated!

Solution
And never use windows to do it, thats what can happen . If you can do it in the BIOS do it in the BIOS

If it freezes, and you reboot / turn the system off, while its doing it, it can and will brick the mobo

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

You never update the bios with anything else running.

Deltanovember

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
You never update the bios with anything else running.[/quotemsg]

I know but I thought the MSI Live Update was only downloading content and not installing them!

Does this mean the mobo is dead? I will have to RMA, it has 36 months warranty.

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

Correct. download the bios and then flash it.