News MSI Brings BCLK OC, PCIe 5.0 To Intel B660 DDR4 Motherboard

LuxZg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
IDK, Intel and non-K overclocking was a thing for a short time in Skylake era, I got in, and got burned after Intel plugged the hole(s). Never again. Plus Max will never be same prices as non-Max board, expect at least 50$ more. And at that price you're better off with entry Z board.

Reactions: KyaraM

KyaraM

Admirable
At that price point the board is utterly pointless. Just get a MSI Z690-A Pro and be done with it. Marginally more money than the non-Max version for better features and connectivity. What a waste...

Edit:
IIRC wasnt this in news in jan? How bclk allowed OC non k cpu and intel wasnt happy?
The news is that now there is more than one manufacturer offering BCLK OC. Not that it is offered now.

Last edited:

InvalidError

Titan
I knew when this came to light a couple months ago someone would make a budget board with the capability.
Skip the first generation or two, then it becomes standard across the board and you don't have to pay a massive premium anymore unless there is a bunch of new stuff most people won't need for another 3-4 years tacked on top to justify yet more skyrocketing prices. I'm glad I built my i5-11400 last year: I get to skip all of the new non-essential stuff's teething issues and early adopter taxes.