[SOLVED] MSI Dragon Center software causing RGB problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsoyo

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012
When I first built this rig, my RGB components included the motherboard (MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi), CPU fan (AMD Wraith Prism) and RAM (G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C14D-16GTZN). I used the associated software for each component to control each component individually. This gave me nothing but problems as the software wouldn't always save my changes and sometimes the lights would just turn off completely. I eventually ended up turning the motherboard lights off and uninstalling Dragon then using just the Wraith and G.Skill software. This worked great for about 4 months.

I then upgraded my cooling system to my first ever custom loop. I'm using an EKWB water block and pump both with RGB. I also bought a new Corsair Glaive mouse that uses their iCUE software for RGB. To keep things simple and since EKWB doesn't have their own software like the Wraith Prism did, I decided to uninstall all RGB software and run everything off MSI Dragon Center (except the mouse that uses iCUE). Now the motherboard and EKWB components light up fine but the RAM doesn't light up at all.

When I first turn on the computer, all components look like unicorn vomit until Windows and then Dragon center loads. So far so good. Then once Dragon Center is loaded, my color scheme loads on all components including the RAM. But the RAM only stays lit for about 5 seconds then turns off. If I restart, same thing. Does this sound like a Dragon Center bug? Any troubleshooting ideas?

adsoyo

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012
I'll keep updating this in case someone else with the same problem comes along. I restarted the computer yesterday (without shutting it down completely) and when Windows loaded I heard the chime noise that coincides with a usb device being unplugged and the RAM lights went dark. I restarted a few more times and same thing happened each time. I eventually shut the computer down and went to sleep.

Now today I turn it on and when Windows loads there is no chime but the RAM lights still turn off after a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.