MSI EX600 .. anyone recommend buying ? (details inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waseem7

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
Hey All ...

I Am planning to buy a notebook , though am not a gamer i like to play games once in a while, therefore i searched a lot to find a notebook with a good graphic card in decent price .... and i got an offer for MSI EX600 pricing 1000 Euro (am from the middle east and i looked everywhere,this price is lower than any other notebook price in the market -in my area at lease ...) ignore the price , that's not my question.

MSI EX600:
INTEL CORE 2 DUO T7500 2.2GHZ 4M Cache
15.4" ACV
NVIDIA Geforce 8400MG 256MB
2048MB DDRII 667MHz
TOSHIBA 120GB SATA 5400 RPM
DUAL LAYER SUPER MULTI DVD
Bluetooth,WiFi, 1.3m camera,4xUSB,Mic ....

here is the link to MSI ex600 official site:
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1200&maincat_no=135

now, have anyone used an the EX600 or an MSI notebook in general ! Cause MSI is a known and good company for Video cards and motherboards but NOT for notebooks so am a little bit hesitated whether to buy this EX600 MSI notebook or not !? especially that i have searched a lot and almost found no reviews for the notebook ... so please if anyone can help me with this am very thankful

Thnx

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Just a heads up, the Geforce 8400m isn't a very good graphics card. You can probably play old games on it, and WoW or something, but don't expect to be playing anything intense with that card. Everything else is good though, unless you want more storage space for the hard drive.

I don't have any experience with MSI notebooks though, but note that that model's keyboard is going to be a bit cramped, considering they shoved a keypad in with the 15.4" size of the laptop. Normally you only find keypads on 17" laptops.

waseem7

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
hey

I know 8400m isnt that good but as you know a good graphics card in a notebook increases the price very much ... so i said, "8400m is enough for me" (not a gamer).

although i was hoping for some experience with the MSI notebook itself, u have-been a great help :) Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.