Question MSI Ez Debug CPU light on

flaminggamer659

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
Hi,
I just built a PC, first time as well.
I boot the finished PC for the first time to install Windows and setup. Ez debug light comes on. I fiddle around with the components, reseating CPU, resetting CMOS etc, and then I remove one RAM stick and it all works.
I setup the PC as normal, it works, as it should. Fast forward a day and I go into the bios, realise the RAM is running at 2133mhz instead of 3200, I change that and save exit.
I boot the PC, Ez debug light for CPU comes on, anything I tried a day before doesn't work now. Someone please help!
My specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450M PRO VDH PLUS
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHZ
MSI Radeon RX 5700 Gaming X
Silverstone 550W ET550B
Btw, every time I tried to change the RAM speed to the advertised speed, it always did this, but this time it just won't let me boot anymore.

flaminggamer659

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
It works miraculously now, except the RAM speed is at 2133mhz instead of 3200.
This problem always happens when I load up the XMP profile of the advertised 3200mhz. Is it normal for it to start off lower than it should?

flaminggamer659

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
This MSI board has the EZ Debug LEDs. The CPU and DRAM ... Probably the motherboard if you are getting an error light for the ram that you know works. I would just contact ... A lot of times, you need a new BIOS to work with a new CPU.
Alright then, I'll give it a shot, but the mobo I bought said Ryzen 3000 series ready. But anything that can help my PC I'll take.

Last edited by a moderator:

flaminggamer659

Prominent
Dec 5, 2018
UPDATE:
My PC works better now with new bios, RAM problem still persists, and CSGO won't work. Is there any way for the RAM to go up to it's advertised 3200mhz? Every time I try, it repeats the same EzDebug LED thing scenario.