Question MSI EZ Debug Flashes: No Display

Jan 5, 2021
I just finished building my new—and first—system (I will list the parts below). I have run into an unfortunate issue with my PC. The CPU and VGA EZ Debug lights will flash on upon hitting the power button and the turn off at different times. The only light to stay on is my BOOT light because I have no OS installed yet. The motherboard and GPU HDMI ports are not outputting any signal at all. I’m so disappointed! I am not sure what is wrong, but I have reseated the GPU, checked the CPU (it is fine from what I can tell), and I have reseated the CMOS battery. Any help is appreciated, and I can give more info upon request!

UPDATE: CPU light stays on way longer than the VGA light. I am led to believe that the motherboard is faulty, seeing as the CPU is not bent up?

System:

Mobo: MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wifi
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: Secondhand Zotac 3070 Twin Edge
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3200MHz
PSU: Corsair RM850x
Case: Corsair iCUE 4000x

Last edited:

Rafdog

Prominent
Jan 5, 2021
Hey,

Do you have the listed Debug codes? My MSI M5 board recently did this crap when I simply just added more RAM. I unfortunately ended up buying a new ASUS board as it was taking me awhile to troubleshoot my issue but your board is newer so it may not have the same issues mine did.

Debug codes would help if you're MOBO displays them.

Edit: And pics of your board while on to show the lights would help too. Visual image > description.

Jan 5, 2021
Hey,

Do you have the listed Debug codes? My MSI M5 board recently did this crap when I simply just added more RAM. I unfortunately ended up buying a new ASUS board as it was taking me awhile to troubleshoot my issue but your board is newer so it may not have the same issues mine did.

Debug codes would help if you're MOBO displays them.

Edit: And pics of your board while on to show the lights would help too. Visual image > description.
Sure thing! I kid you not though, while I was filming a video for the Debug lights turning on and off with the PC, the display showed up on my monitor! Not sure what the heck happened or if this is solved permanently, but let’s hope it is! I can still post the video and debug codes if you’d like me to?