MSI EZ Debug LED

The Hero of Orlais

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
I have MSI B350 Tomahawk as my mobo, and when i start my pc, the CPU Debug LED is on for a while, then it turn off, and my pc is working, is it a problem ? or is it normal ?

Solution

Not quite sure why the downvote, but I guess you know what your doing, so heres the instructions anyway.

RyZen is very new at the moment, so its best to keep the bios up to date, however, just dont update it inside windows, it has a very high failure rate and is unsafe.

On your bios download page here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK.html...

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

As long as the LED goes off, its fine, is your bios up to date ?

The Hero of Orlais

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017

i don't know, when i wanna download my BIOS update there's a warning saying i should not update it when i don't have a problem with my BIOS, or when i don't know what i'm doing, and the way they show the warning is like they wanna make sure everyone read it, so to avoid problem, i cancel my download

Seanie280672

Estimable
Mar 19, 2017

Not quite sure why the downvote, but I guess you know what your doing, so heres the instructions anyway.

RyZen is very new at the moment, so its best to keep the bios up to date, however, just dont update it inside windows, it has a very high failure rate and is unsafe.

On your bios download page here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK.html at the top there is a video called "how to update your bios using M-Flash" watch it.

Theres another video here that goes into more detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgCx-zUoKRI

All you need to do is get hold of a USB stick and format its to FAT32
download the bios, its a zip file, just extract it to the desktop, there will be new folder containing 2 files, the bios file itself and a text file, you just need to copy the bios file to the USB stick, not in any folders or anything, just onto the root of the drive, something like 7A35XXv15,150 file.

Then reboot the computer and enter the bios with the del key.

Next goto the save and exit menu and load optimised defaults, then save and exit, but reboot back into the bios again.

On the left of the page in advanced mode in the bios you will see a big M-Flash button, select it.

your computer will shutdown and reboot into a new app called M-Flash, just follow the instructions.
It does take a while to flash, 2 or 3 mins, it will feel like forever, and sometimes it will look like its stuck, just leave it alone to do its thing, never remove that USB stick or you will kill your motherboard.

Once its finished flashing it will reboot itself, when it does restart, enter the bios again with the del key, once you are safely back in the bios you can remove the USB stick and set it back up the way you want it.

Solution

The Hero of Orlais

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from The Hero of Orlais : "Monitor no signal, but the fans, gpu, etc is working"

I have an MSI mobo, with ryzen 5, and this morning, the cpu debug led is on, it used to working just fine, i've checked the cable, but nothing is loose, can someone help ? thanks

The Hero of Orlais

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from The Hero of Orlais : "Monitor no signal, but the fans, gpu, etc is working"

I have an MSI mobo, with ryzen 5, and this morning, the cpu debug led is on, it used to working just fine, i've checked the cable, but nothing is loose, can someone help ? thanks

crashingpotato

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017