MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Cooking Bios, strange

OnionHead

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Well this is strange! I've just put together a new build with the following :

MSI FM2-A75IA-E53
AMD A10 5800
Noctua NH-L9a

Lian Li PC-Q03 (Sides are off at the minute)

I'm running a trial of Windows 8.1 and it's running great, CPUID gives a reading of 35c which I presume is a pretty good temp.

For some reason when I enter the bios she wants to fry herself. The readings aren't faulty in the bios as I can keep my fingers on the heat-sink and feel it warm quite quickly. It goes up 1c roughly every 5 seconds. I restart the machine when it reaches 60c, reboot into windows and watch and feel her cool down again. Is it normal for the bios to run so hot? I presume it was going to keep going until it shut itself down.

Other than that I've been tinkering away, set my ram to the correct settings. The only other problem I'm having is that the CPU fan is at a constant and quite fast speed, I adjusted the bios for cool & quiet and it calmed it down for a time although its back to a constant fast speed.

In fact I'm telling a lie, a further problem to report is no wifi drivers for 8.1 :(

OnionHead

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Possibly in the minority when I say I don't actually mind windows 8. I use it on my work PC. Seen a trial for 8.1 Enterprise and gave it a bash. Switching to 7 would cure the Wifi but doubt it will do anything about the overheating bios.

My Pc's beside the router, so wifi's not essential at the minute