MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 CPU upgrade

michael_705

Honorable
Jul 1, 2017
I have the MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 motherboard and have a big feeling after small research my CPU could be much better. I want to upgrade but i have no idea any of these technical terms. I have the AMD Athlon X4 750k My GPU is a AMD Radeon R9 270x overclocked edition and im not getting the performance i should be getting. Price below $150. Any info would help a lot thank you!

Solution
While there are a lot of better CPUs out there, there's no worthwhile upgrade path with your motherboard. You could get a 760k which is about 5% faster and that's it. The FM2/FM2+ platform is very entry-level, so there's a real limit on how much you can practically upgrade without a major overhaul.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
While there are a lot of better CPUs out there, there's no worthwhile upgrade path with your motherboard. You could get a 760k which is about 5% faster and that's it. The FM2/FM2+ platform is very entry-level, so there's a real limit on how much you can practically upgrade without a major overhaul.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This is spot on. You would be better off saving your money and swapping the CPU/motherboard/memory to something much more capable.