Review MSI G272QPF 170 Hz Gaming Monitor Review: Pro-Level Performance for Not a Lot of Cash

I have this one (although mine comes with a USB-c port). I absolutely love it. Before this I purchased the AOC CQ27G2 Curved VA Panel. I was very disappointed with it. After RMA'ing, I went and got the MSI. Have no regrets. It's perfect for the games I play - BF2042, Racing Sims, First person shooters.

Reactions: Kridian

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
I'm still waiting for an OLED gaming monitor at this price point. I thought I heard somewhere that the colors of modern TN panels were on par with on par with IPS, so my question is, how has IPS improved to keep ahead of TN?

Reactions: Kridian

parkerthon

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
MSI’s G272QPF delivers everything needed for high-performance gaming with a 27-inch QHD IPS flat panel, 170 Hz, Adaptive-Sync, HDR and wide gamut color. With everything you need and nothing you don’t, it delivers tremendous value too.

MSI G272QPF 170 Hz Gaming Monitor Review: Pro-Level Performance for Not a Lot of Cash : Read more
But look at how high the minimum refresh rate is. 48hz? That’s stutter city for most graphically intensive games especially if you play games at launch.