[SOLVED] MSI G41M-P28 usb port not working on Windows before and after installing chipset driver from official website

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Title pretty is pretty much telling the problem i face but here's the story, i bought this motherboard from local marketplace, the previous owner says the back usb port is broken and he's only using the front panel usb port. When i get home i try it and yes all of the back usb port is not working, i tried installing the chipset driver from Official MSI Website and from this Driverscape Website yet none of them working, next things is i decided to boot my linux mint hard drive and suprisingly all of the back usb port works well, i tried to copy a large file from every single port none of them got any error. So, i can conclude that the problem came from the OS not the hardware but as i mention even the official website driver is not working, any fix for this?

Motherboard Specification Link

Not that i dont want to use linux entirely but if this can be fixed when i dont use it anymore i can sell it.

Solution
I think i finally solved the problem this time for good, there is one driver from chipset drivers that somehow prevent other driver from controlling my back usb port so i just disable it and now eveything is work like charm.

Take a look at this picture for tldr

And in case someone in the future facing this problem too all you have to is disable 27CC driver and leave it as it is, dont uninstall it because when it detect a new "stuff" its gonna reinstalling itself then (again) prevent other driver to controll your back usb port.

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Problem is solved, updating bios to the latest fix it, sorry linux community i still can't ditch windows.

Edit: Okay, first sorry admin i didnt know why this happen, i boot up my pc again and it is not working again as described from the beginning, i dont know is it was me doing something wrong or basically hallucinating.

Last edited:

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
I think i finally solved the problem this time for good, there is one driver from chipset drivers that somehow prevent other driver from controlling my back usb port so i just disable it and now eveything is work like charm.

And in case someone in the future facing this problem too all you have to is disable 27CC driver and leave it as it is, dont uninstall it because when it detect a new "stuff" its gonna reinstalling itself then (again) prevent other driver to controll your back usb port.

Solution

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020

Update: Just some information if you decided to do this then you are (literally) sacrificing speed for function because that driver speedup r/w process, if you disable that you only have about 1mb r/w speed, yes, im not kidding.