[SOLVED] MSI Gaming Laptop showing SSD health as Bad (91%)

Asbaat

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
Hello! I hope you are doing fine. I own an MSI GE65 Raider 9SE. It has a 256 GB SSD. But ever since I bought it (it's been 3 years now) in HWinfo, the drive controller temperature would always hover around 100 celsius and the drive temperature 1 would be around 50 to 70 degrees Celsius.

Today, when I was reading a large file (50 GB) from the SSD, it severely throttled and speeds went down from 500mb/s to like 1-2mb/s. I downloaded CrystalDiskinfo and it says the following:

View: https://imgur.com/a/GzdmBu8

Should I be worried?
Also, I think I should also tell that I'm a freelance video editor and I have to download large files into the SSD then copy them over to my external HDD so the SSD is under extreme load some times.

Asbaat

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
i think the temperature is more the issue than anything.

is there a way to put a thermal pad on the ssd to make it radiate heat to the chassis?
Hello! Thank you very much for the reply. I just replaced its thermal pads with arctic ones and the issue is still the same :(

Also, I'd like to add that I've just ordered a Samsung 980 1 TB Nvme (my laptop supports 2 Nvme SSDs) so what do you recommend should I install windows on that SSD and remove this one or should I keep both of them until this one fails completely?

Last edited:

Asbaat

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2014
i think the temperature is more the issue than anything.

is there a way to put a thermal pad on the ssd to make it radiate heat to the chassis?
Hello! So I just got the Samsung 980 1 TB and its temperatures and performance are flawless! Also, when I booted my laptop and jumped right into crystaldiskinfo, the temperature was at 48 degrees and it showed the drive as "Good" So I think the temperature is the only issue and it should be fine.

Thank you for your reply :)