[SOLVED] MSI gaming laptops worth

Jan 22, 2019
I am currently looking at 2 MSI laptops to buy: the GP63 LEOPARD-041 and the GS63 STEALTH-010. The stealth is 300 dollars more than the Leopard at 1,600. The only noticeable difference i see between them is that the Stealth has double the SSD size at 256GB. Though the Leopard has 3.9 Gigahertz processor speed but the Stealth has a 2.2 Gigahertz speed. Is the SSD worth it?

Solution
The price difference is probably for the CPU. For SATA SSDs the price difference should be pennies. If you were buying it for the bigger SSD only, then I'd say no, it's not worth it.

Laptops though are notoriously bad at cooling (Which is why you don't see many NVMe SSDs in laptops). So expect to see a much warmer system with the faster CPU.

Tanyac

Reputable
The price difference is probably for the CPU. For SATA SSDs the price difference should be pennies. If you were buying it for the bigger SSD only, then I'd say no, it's not worth it.

Laptops though are notoriously bad at cooling (Which is why you don't see many NVMe SSDs in laptops). So expect to see a much warmer system with the faster CPU.

Solution