Question MSI gaming pro carbon AC can not use internet

Sep 16, 2019
Hello,

I recently installed an MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC into my system. Installation went great, everything works fine didn’t change any settings in the BIOs, after installing all my applications and relevant drivers I found that as soon as I tried to doing anything related to the internet such as gaming, going on any websites etc. It immediately kicks off the internet, showing the no internet access sign straight away. I have tested it with different Ethernet cables, tested the router on my laptop (works fine) and tried using the built in WiFi instead, same results.

I have searched the internet for any possible answers I could find and nothing the only thing I haven’t tried is some people are suggesting to revert the BIO’s back to an older version but I do not have a clue how to do that.

Any help would be massively appreciated as I use this system to also earn a living.

Many thanks!

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yes defiantly, I went onto the MSI website found my mobo and installed all the LAN drivers and any available drivers that showed up there.

I'd consider RMAing the motherboard, though I'd certainly try another go at uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and another go at installing Windows (check the internet before you start installing all your applications) given the annoyance of RMAing a motherboard. There aren't really a ton of things to try. Have you checked the options in BIOS, to make sure there isn't an option for disabling the ethernet controller?

Sep 16, 2019
I’m sorry i don’t know what RMAing is or how to do it. This board is brand new I don’t understand why I’m having these issues in the first place, things like installing windows again etc will take a whole as internet connection isn’t the best but never had a problem with any other computer before with regarding connectivity. Yes checked them, there is a lan controller option which is enabled should that be disabled?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I’m sorry i don’t know what RMAing is or how to do it. This board is brand new I don’t understand why I’m having these issues in the first place, things like installing windows again etc will take a whole as internet connection isn’t the best but never had a problem with any other computer before with regarding connectivity. Yes checked them, there is a lan controller option which is enabled should that be disabled?

RMAing means return merchandise authorization. First, if this is within 30 days, talk to the retailer about a straight exchange of the board and if it isn't, then contact MSI.

Sep 16, 2019
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately it is over 30 days I bought this board about 2-3 months ago then waited to get other parts for it to install. I’ve contacted MSI hopefully they can help.

Sep 16, 2019
Hello, one last question. When I installed the mobo, I noticed it came with a disk however my rig doesn’t come with a disk drive. Does this disk need to be put in to complete installation or does that just have the same drivers on that I’ve already installed?