MSI Gaming X 1060 vs Red Devil RX 580

Mar 30, 2018
Hello community!
I have been keeping my eye on both the MSI Gaming X 1060 6gb and the Powecolor Red Devil RX 580 8gb, and I can't really decide between the two.
The MSI has very quiet fans, looks great, and good overclocking headroom. The Powecolor has a physical swich where you can switch between OC mode and Silent mode, looks sick and fairly beefy heatsink.
now, I know that the 580 is a fairly hot card due to the high TDP, but I am also fairly concerned about the noise outpud of the red devil, since I haven't read much about it besides those things.
I'm not too concerned about the price, I just want to know which performs better at low noise.

Solution
Nevermind. I found that the MSI is about 3DBa louder in idle than the Powecolor, however also 3DBa quieter under load. Both also stop under 60°C, so the MSI will most likely do that more due to the fact that the 1060 isn't a very hot card.
Hope this can help people in the future.
Mar 30, 2018
Nevermind. I found that the MSI is about 3DBa louder in idle than the Powecolor, however also 3DBa quieter under load. Both also stop under 60°C, so the MSI will most likely do that more due to the fact that the 1060 isn't a very hot card.
Hope this can help people in the future.

Solution