Msi Gaming X Gtx 970 too hot and too noisy

Rob_110

Honorable
Aug 9, 2017
I bought this 970 not long ago and i'm not very happy with it because when i open games or its under stress its always over 75 degrees and its supper loud.
I've tried changing thermal paste, setting a new fan curve, and under clocking it that would work but i'm losing performance. Some friends told me that i could set one fan to push and one to pull because both of my fans are pushing but i don't know how to set that up.
Thank you in advance.
My specs just in case:
i7 3820
Msi Gaming x gtx 970
Liquidmax II 240

P.S : i have pretty good airflow in my case : 3 120 mm intake and 4 120mm exhausts (including the ones on the rad.)

Your 970 is air cooled, push/pull is when you put fans on both sides of the radiator for liquid cooling.

What happens when you lower the fan curve? Your noise should go down. If it is sounding the same when you lower the fan curve, it may not be lowering the curve. Use EVGA Precision X or MSI Afterburner to lower the curve. If you are using one of those, try uninstalling it and installing it again setting up the new curve.

Rob_110

Honorable
Aug 9, 2017

I lower the curve and the card thermal throttles

Rob_110

Honorable
Aug 9, 2017

No I'm not overclocked and I'll send a picture with my fan curve and the stock settings with the card under stress

FaZe__ralboal

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
75*c is not so bad, i have the same temp. Thermal paste should be fine unless if its 2$ one.
-Fan RPM
1.Please write down your current GPU RPM, unless the fans are at 100% power they should be so loud.
-Fan curve
1. Try curving it at the start of the blade and a bit on the middle. With this angle it should be more RPM efficient and less noisy, this angle is used on the b787 dreamliner engine, so it was engineered by hundred of ppl.
Hope i helped, waiting for rpm info