[SOLVED] MSI Gaming X Trio 3080Ti Cable Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2021
Good evening everyone,

New here and somewhat new to PC building. I was fortunate enough to be selected for Newegg's Shuffle for a 3080Ti and need some direction for hooking this card up.

I have an MSI A850GF PSU. Ideally, I would like 3 white 8 pin PCIE cables to power the card. My problem is finding those cables. Cablemod on Amazon has them for all PSU makers except MSI.

Will any 8 pin PCIE cable work? If all the cables are separate, I don't see why not, but I can't find anything online that gives me a definitive answer. Waiting to hear from Cablemod but figured I'd ask here as well.

Thank you

It is recommended not to use extensions especially with high power gpu’s. The extra resistance from the cable and socket can reduce the voltage that gets to the gpu. If you want a custom look get a set of replacement cables.

Cables are not interchangeable between most brands, the psu end is often wired differently even though they have the same physical socket.

What exact psu do you have? I cannot think of an MSI PSU I would use with a 3080Ti from a quality perspective.

Reactions: dotas1
Nov 12, 2021
@Captain Discombobulate I wasn't looking for extensions, looking for the whole cable.

@sizzling MSI MPG A850GF. Don't know why you don't think they make quality PSUs, I've never heard of any of their products not be top quality.

Where can I get replacement cables compatible with my PSU? I can't find anything anywhere.

D

Deleted member 362816

@Captain Discombobulate I wasn't looking for extensions, looking for the whole cable.

@sizzling MSI MPG A850GF. Don't know why you don't think they make quality PSUs, I've never heard of any of their products not be top quality.

Where can I get replacement cables compatible with my PSU? I can't find anything anywhere.

Pretty simple answer no ones makes cables for these. Why you ask. Because it's not popular enough for them to do so. You have 3 choices. Leave it alone. Use extensions, Or braid the cables yourself.

Thanks and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.