[SOLVED] Msi gaming x trio 3090 waterblock help!

Jun 18, 2020
Hey all had a question about my 3090 waterblock I got new released from alpha cool. It’s for the msi gaming x trio. I can’t tell if there is an air bubble in the flow that looks like it’s supposed to go directly over the gpu dye or it actually is properly flowing with no air bubbles. Alpha cool is out of office right now so I thought maybe someone might know here. And if it’s a bubble, should I just try tilting it a bunch of ways?

https://ibb.co/F0LQtMF

Solution
Glad you fix air bubble issue, yes it normal for air bubble to be in there and they go away with a little time. Water cool gpu here too.

For graphics card they sometimes suggest reseating. If this were me would consider maybe just trying to clear cmos and try get into bios then save bios even if you not make any changes. This may help you boot into windows to make driver change.

For 2 pin yes thats ok they make this way due to 6 or 8 pins. Would suggest maybe they each on there own plug to psu always good idea.
Jun 18, 2020
Is new build or just refilled?
Graphics card is new, everything else is about six months old. Had a 2080 ti gaming x trio waterblocked prior and worked perfectly. I’m hoping I plugged the power cables in right. The 2080 ti has 2 8pin and 1 six pin connector, which was conveniently connected already when the pc was bought. Since the 3090 has 3 8 pins, I plugged the cables in as they were positioned in the 2080 ti in the 3090, and managed to also find a separate 2 pin connector hiding behind my psu but also connected with the 6 pin. Was I correct to plug this 2 pin with the 6 pin into the 3090? Also all the rgb lights come on in the 3090 as well. I’ve read it could be a bios update or needing to install drivers for my 3090 but I wanted to see here first to double check before going through the process of uninstalling and reinstalling graphics cards cause it’s a bit of a hassle with liquid cooling

EDIT: I’ve tried powering on my pc with all three monitors plugged into gpu, and none have turns one, and I have tried one monitor plugged into all three different ports. When I unplug the monitor it shows no signal, and when I go to plug it in via DP the message disappears for a few seconds like it’s trying to register a signal, only to show up with no signal detected again. So I’m not sure where to start. All these cables and monitors worked with my 2080 ti.

EDIT EDIT: I forgot the original intent of this post which was with the air bubble. After fully powering it off and giving it a good flip and rotation, the pocket seems to have gone away. Only experiencing this no signal detection issue now which ruined my vibe :/

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Glad you fix air bubble issue, yes it normal for air bubble to be in there and they go away with a little time. Water cool gpu here too.

For graphics card they sometimes suggest reseating. If this were me would consider maybe just trying to clear cmos and try get into bios then save bios even if you not make any changes. This may help you boot into windows to make driver change.

For 2 pin yes thats ok they make this way due to 6 or 8 pins. Would suggest maybe they each on there own plug to psu always good idea.

Solution