MSI GD65 Core ratio locked

Ctst

Honorable
Mar 30, 2013
Hi guys,
This my first time building a pc and first time trying to OC.
I have the MSI GD 65 Gaming and the i7 4770k
When i try to adjust the core ratio, it seem to be locked on auto.
I have updated the bios and ran stress test in base clock, any ideas?
Heres a picture, sry about the quality.
IMG_20130622_112220.jpg

Thanks in advance

High Voltage

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
I built a new pc yesterday with the Z87 G45 version and I am having the same problem with the haswell i5 4670K. The CPU voltage and ratio are both locked on auto. I assume it's a driver issue perhaps or something that needs to be set to manual mode but I still have some updating to do and will look further into this. If I turn any positive results, I will be sure to let you know

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Let us know, are definitely interested, may even be a bad production lot of mobos got released, which shouldn't happen, but can, MSI has had things like this happen before, which is one reason I don't use them, the QC is poor IMO.

High Voltage

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

Gosh I hope not :??:

I will add that the OC Genie does work thought, It increases the CPU Voltage and ratio so that the CPU runs at exactly 4GHz, but then it locks the DRAM frequency so you must be sure to set it manually and/or enable XMP, and besides, It would be nice for a little more than 4GHz ;)

High Voltage

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Okay I figured out how to change the ratio and voltage. It was a simple overlook. Use the +/- keys! Lol. I changed to 4.4GHz (44x100) and CPU Voltage set to 1.135 (true voltage of about 1.187) however I got a few blue screens :-( I reset and all is normal. I'm new to this too so I'll just have to do some more homework and get it right next time

High Voltage

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
I recommend downloading the MSI Live Update. It installed more up to date drivers for the BIOS and chipset than I could find on their website. It also installed a cool utility called Intel extreme tuning and it allows you to change your BIOS settings without having to go into the bios as well as run CPU and MEM stress tests.

High Voltage

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

I am on 1.3. You're correct. However I could only update via the Live Update 5 tool. Trying to download it from msi.com did not work (for me), for some reason it was not recognizing that I had 64 bit installed and would cancel installation instantly. it works with the live update though. Not sure why or if anyone else has had that problem. It could have also been that at the time I might not have had all the windows updates installed either. who knows