MSI GE-72QF booting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liviu_st

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
I've a new msi ge-72qf laptop for 4 days and i'm having trouble with cold start ups. The laptop turns down in a few seconds when it's supposed to ask for to login password. First time i had this i turned in on like 3 times, tried keeping the power button pressed thinking it's maybe a win glitch. The next day i've turned fast boot off in bios and saved and exited and entered windows without any issue. Now i thought that was that only that today it didn't start again... i simply entered bios setup and saved and exited without making any changes and it started without an issue again. This whole situation seems weird , anyone have any thoughts ( i'm not versed in fast booting on new laptops so i'm thinking the issue might be from that ).
My win device is an ssd . I'm at work right now and was thinking maybe it has something to do with boot order having the dvd and i don't know what else as 1st and 2nd boot instead of the ssd and they are not functioning when trying to do a fast boot ? . Help me with some ideas.

Liviu_st

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
You've posted the wrong model. Nevertheless i did upgrade my bios yday to the latest one from 8 days ago , and having the same issue. UEFI is on , AHCI is on .. all i could find browsing around is as it's should be . Yet for a cold start i have to enter bios briefly and then exit it for it to start properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.