ValorKaizen

Prominent
May 19, 2021
So I just got my laptop keyboard renewed and while I was testing it the Shift key of the keyboard popped out, and I couldn't figure out how to put it back in. If it isn't clear in the image there's a metal strip inside the keyhole that can be taken out. Also the top left small plastic hooks on the key are broken but I doubt such small hooks could be the cause of the key coming out. I looked online but couldn't find a solution that worked for this keyboard.

The keyhole and the before mentioned metal strip inside it
oo1132sipyz91.jpg

co9lu8sipyz91.jpg

Top left plastic piece is broken

Broken plastic piece, need to replace the key cap or it won't stay on too well. Normally those keys you should be able to push on to click them back, if not you need to fiddle with the slots and slide them over the tabs on the key cap. It can be a pain because those white scissor switches can end up backwards or upside down.

ValorKaizen

Prominent
May 19, 2021
Broken plastic piece, need to replace the key cap or it won't stay on too well. Normally those keys you should be able to push on to click them back, if not you need to fiddle with the slots and slide them over the tabs on the key cap. It can be a pain because those white scissor switches can end up backwards or upside down.

I just got this replacement too, so annoying. But I guess I don't have a choice but to get a replacement then...