Question Msi ge62 i7-7700hq error after upgrade ram

Feb 4, 2022
Hi, I have trouble with my old MSI Ge62 i7-7700hq version with gtx 1050ti

My laptop prebuilt with 16gb Kingston ddr4 ram (2x8gb) pc192000 and I tried to upgrade it to 32gb (2x16gb)pc25600 Team Elite. But it won't let me login to windows. Only stuck at msi logo or sometimes go to recovery mode but I cannot enter safe mode and sometimes goes to bluescreen with changed error code everytimes.

I tried to clear cmos with remove battery and remove ram module. But it works well if I combine old ram with new ram (16+8, with different speed) it really something.

Please if any idea how to solve it. Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Also, can you please parse the SKU to your laptop for use to clarify what you're working with? From this info, it seems the highest rams frequency officially supported by the platform is DDR4-2400MHz, odd thing is that the processor isn't mentioned in the link I parsed, hence why I asked for the SKU to the laptop.

Reactions: ChrisTheo909
Feb 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Also, can you please parse the SKU to your laptop for use to clarify what you're working with? From this info, it seems the highest rams frequency officially supported by the platform is DDR4-2400MHz, odd thing is that the processor isn't mentioned in the link I parsed, hence why I asked for the SKU to the laptop.

Hello, yes I'm newcomer to forum.
How to find my "SKU"?

TRENDING THREADS