MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop CPU thermal throttling

Solution
First thing I would do is clean and dust the laptop fans and internals and see if that helps with temperatures at all. Run cinebench (consistent, repeatable load) and record score, max temperature, and max fan speed before and after, should make it easier to see if cleaning had any effect.

Also, you can try increasing fan speed (unless already at max and/or unbearably loud) to try to cool things off. And make sure there the laptop is on a hard flat surface with space under and around it while under any serious load.
Jul 13, 2018

gtx1050ti i7 7700hq 16gb ram dual channel. max temps till the frequency drops is 95 and it usually goes to 2.3ghz in games which makes it lag SO BAD. The laptop is 1.5 years old and i am not sure if it was always like this

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
First thing I would do is clean and dust the laptop fans and internals and see if that helps with temperatures at all. Run cinebench (consistent, repeatable load) and record score, max temperature, and max fan speed before and after, should make it easier to see if cleaning had any effect.

Also, you can try increasing fan speed (unless already at max and/or unbearably loud) to try to cool things off. And make sure there the laptop is on a hard flat surface with space under and around it while under any serious load.

Solution
Jul 13, 2018

Okay. Will do that. btw my fans are already like 6-7k rpm