Question msi ge75 raider. 2080 or 2070 ?

2080 vs 2070 ge75 msi.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 21, 2019
hi all.!! really need help since im buying tomorrow. its not cheap. so pls help. i can get the: msi ge75 raider.
2080 version: 2650 euro.
2070 version: 2150 euro.
is the 2080 worth it for that money. ? will i notice a big difference. i will be mostly gaming on it.

link to the store im buying from and the different models.
https://www.mediamarkt.es/es/search.html?query=msi+ge75&searchProfile=onlineshop&channel=mmeses

its alot of money. but i can afford it. wondering if i get the 2070 i will regret not getting the 2080.
i was also thinking of asus laptops. but i ended up picking msi for the price. any other suggestions ?..

Apr 21, 2019
i have the choice of picking 2080 or 2070 for my laptop.. 500 euro difference. is it worth getting the 2080 ?

If you can afford it then go with no regrets.

Do you absolutely require the laptop? Do you have a desktop gaming PC? I typically like to suggest a moderate gaming laptop, simply because they are heat restrictive and don't do well as gaming systems unless you have an elaborate cooling setup for it.

Apr 21, 2019
If you can afford it then go with no regrets.

Do you absolutely require the laptop? Do you have a desktop gaming PC? I typically like to suggest a moderate gaming laptop, simply because they are heat restrictive and don't do well as gaming systems unless you have an elaborate cooling setup for it.

i can afford it. but still expensive. and since im never in 1 place my gaming pc is in storage at home in iceland.. im now in spain. it will be my main computer.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
yes, 500euro is a lot. And you're not really gonna see any real difference in performance due to power and thermal limitations of a laptop.

the 2070 should be more or less the same as a 1080 would be inside a laptop.

But just look up review and benchmarks of both laptops to see for yourself if the 500 extra euros would be worth it or not to you.

But for me personally I'd be satisfied with a 2070, especially since it's a laptop and I wouldn't be expecting the world of it anyways knowing how lesser their performance is to a PC and knowing that I'd obviously have to be sacrificing some performance numbers here and there for the sake of being able to travel with it.

Worth is something only YOU can determine.
When faced with such a decision, I find that I do better with the higher priced option.
If you do not, you will forever be second guessing yourself.

If your games are fast action games, the RTX2080 will be better.

Laptop cooling is always an issue. You may be faced with throttling.
If so, the larger number of CUDA cores in a 2080 will compensate if you need to throttle some.

Apr 21, 2019
well i have to say i play mostly competitive games.. overwatch, starcraft 2, counter strike, moba games. i almost always on my desktop pc. have everything set to low... for more fps. even if i didnt have too.. so i guess 2070 would be enough. but i sometimes play single player. and then i do the same thing. but would like to have everything mayb set higher.. atleast have the possibility.

well i have to say i play mostly competitive games.. overwatch, starcraft 2, counter strike, moba games. i almost always on my desktop pc. have everything set to low... for more fps. even if i didnt have too.. so i guess 2070 would be enough. but i sometimes play single player. and then i do the same thing. but would like to have everything mayb set higher.. atleast have the possibility.
The 2070 will crush those games.

TRENDING THREADS