Review MSI GE76 Raider Review: Rainbow Warrior

excalibur1814

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
"two SSD bays "

Cool! So I can slap in two Samsung evo SATA drives.. into the 'bays'. Nice.

I know, I know.

Fan noise is something that's REALLY important to me. I didn't see that mentioned in the review. Acer has a range of really quiet machines, but the battery life isn't the best etc.

excalibur1814

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I mean...Steam Deck is way cheaper than this and does the portability a lot better minus the RGB.

Well... Steam Deck is a pile of trash (to me) until the reviews appear and it can run Windows 11. On this machine I have access to ALL of my Steam games. EVERY single one. Steam Deck... possibly not.

Honestly, I don't understand why we're comparing the Steam Deck to this RTX 3080 Laptop.

Its like comparing apples to oranges. The laptop is a desktop replacement gaming machine. Its a portable machine not designed to be mobile and with that you get an uncomparable amount of performance and gaming quality.

Steam Deck is a console for mobile users, who want to game on the go.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Well... Steam Deck is a pile of trash (to me) until the reviews appear and it can run Windows 11. On this machine I have access to ALL of my Steam games. EVERY single one. Steam Deck... possibly not.

...Any game that runs on Steam can work on Steam Deck so I don't know where you assumed that Steam Deck won't run certain games

Honestly, I don't understand why we're comparing the Steam Deck to this RTX 3080 Laptop.

Its like comparing apples to oranges. The laptop is a desktop replacement gaming machine. Its a portable machine not designed to be mobile and with that you get an uncomparable amount of performance and gaming quality.

Steam Deck is a console for mobile users, who want to game on the go.

imo no laptop can ever replace a desktop even if this one is a good laptop. Battery life is poor so you're going to force yourself to use the adapter anyways. There's also the issue that you can't replace what is in there.

Cool for those that are into laptops but there are not a lot of people who can afford this and this is why Steam Deck is a fair competiton especially when it can do gaming as well as other things when docked.

TRENDING THREADS