MSI GeForce GT 730 N730K-2GD3H LP 2GB DDR3 Temp

greyfox007

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017
Hi, I have a MSI GeForce GT 730 LP DDR3 2GB video card, I know it's not a gaming card but will it play older games. Reason I ask this is, it's Passive cooled..just a heatsink design. I was playing Fallout New Vegas and my temp C' was climbing to 75 degrees, so I exited the game. However, if the GeForce GT730 chip GK208 maxes out at 98 degrees..what will happen if I continue to play older games. Not looking to play new games, but I was getting like 70+fps on Fallout New Vegas. So, my question is.... "Will it hurt to play older game titles on this card? And could I mount a fan at it somehow...

System:
Dell Optiplex 990 DT
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.40GHz
RAM: 6GB DDR3

Thank you.

greyfox007

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

I played some games last night for many hours, which the temp got up around 77c and didn't go any higher..I'm gonna keep an eye on it since I played some games, If it happens to get higher then i'll just replace the stock system fan get a faster system fan to put in it. But, I think I should be fine. Basically, few older games and mostly using the graphics card for 4K videos, and movies anyway.

Update: I'm just gonna use this card for 4K movies only since airflow is limited and do not want the thing to overheat. Thank you for the help!