MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G Does Not Output Signal

xhgaerlan

Great
Apr 26, 2018
Hey guys!

So I recently acquired the MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G VGA (Part No. 912-V330-018). I installed it into my current system (with and without the previously installed RX 550), and the card showed signs of life: the fans were spinning, the LED's were lit up, and the motherboard posted just fine.
However, once the motherboard finished posting, there would be no video signal output through either the HDMI or DVI-D ports. The motherboard's handy-dandy EZ-Debug LED's showed that the VGA properly posted. When the motherboard posted using both the integrated graphics or the previously installed VGA, I was able to see that the card was actually not being read by the BIOS or anything else for that matter. I've made sure both the 8 pin and 6 pin PCIe power cables were correctly inserted and even tried to use two separate cables just in case it was a cable current problem. Whenever the HDMI cable is connected, there is an LED indicator via display that there is a connection through the cable, but there is just no video output. The RX 550 that was previously installed operates completely perfectly in all of these trials (minus the PCIe power cables).
In short, the GTX 1070 lights up with the fans spinning, so it is properly receiving power, but it is not detected by either the display as outputting video signal or the motherboard as a PCIe resident. Since the motherboard does not detect the card, I cannot install the proper drivers or even detect that the GPU needs a new driver installed.

Can anyone suggest what there is left to check about this GTX 1070? It seems to just not be outputting any data anywhere.
I've honestly already been accepted for an RMA, but I want to leave that as a last resort.
List of things I've tried:
PCIe x1 risers (both powered and unpowered)
Both available on-board PCIe x16 and x8 slots
Clearing CMOS/changing battery with and without the VGA installed
Extensive run time (8+ hours)
Trying different PCIe power cables
Using two separate PCIe power cables (one for each slot)
Installing NVIDIA's GeForce Experience (failed because no GeForce VGA is detected)
Manually installing the latest GTX 1070 drivers (failed for same reason)

Thanks in advance to any answers!

xhgaerlan

Great
Apr 26, 2018

Unfortunately, this did not work. I tried both uninstalling the AMD drivers first then booting with the GTX 1070 installed and uninstalling both the AMD and integrated graphics drivers then booting again. Both of these were to no avail and showed the same results as before using DDU.

TRENDING THREADS