[SOLVED] MSI GeForce GTX 1660 is worth to buy?

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

It's not a huge upgrade, but it's an upgrade useful enough that likely won't cause a big issue on the CPU. But this depends on the application.

It also depends on what games you are playing? (Assuming you are gaming).
Also what PSU make and model?

You can see FPS comparisons here: https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/ind...1660-vs-geforce-gtx-970-zotac-4gb-edition-sli
As you'll see it is a good upgrade, not huge however, and in some applications not that significant.

So I will return to my usual "is it worth it" response to everything - it's worth it if the value of the card is worth the FPS you'll get to YOU :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

It's not a huge upgrade, but it's an upgrade useful enough that likely won't cause a big issue on the CPU. But this depends on the application.

It also depends on what games you are playing? (Assuming you are gaming).
Also what PSU make and model?

You can see FPS comparisons here: https://www.game-debate.com/gpu/ind...1660-vs-geforce-gtx-970-zotac-4gb-edition-sli
As you'll see it is a good upgrade, not huge however, and in some applications not that significant.

So I will return to my usual "is it worth it" response to everything - it's worth it if the value of the card is worth the FPS you'll get to YOU :)

Solution

Bosch14

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2015
It's really up to you and how you value a GPU or any part over time. The way I try and upgrade pc parts is "If I was to build a new pc tomorrow. Would I put this in part in here?" Like recently I have upgraded my RAM. Even though it is much faster than what my motherboard will run it at. I know I can use this in the future. I have never really done incremental upgrades like some people do as I have always found its better for fork out that extra money for a longer-term product. So as to a 1660. Eh. If it was me? No. But I have a 1060 and you have 970 so it is different. In your case a 1660 is a solid upgrade and if you think you will get your monies worth out of it. Go for it.

Edit: make sure you PSU as enough power and everything else is compatible as well :)

Reactions: sharmlock

TRENDING THREADS