[SOLVED] MSI geforce rtx 2060 ventus 6gb error?

Aug 20, 2019
So i just bought a new MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6GB VENTUS.

When i try to boot up, the motherboard (i suppose) makes 1 long beep and 3 short which, according to Gigabyte's FAQ, signals a graphic card error, and i have no clue, what causes this error.

My power supply has a total output of 600w

The card has a 8 slots for power supply pins, and i power it with a 6 pin cable and a 2 pin cable, is that an issue?

I have tried reseating the card alot of times - doesn't work.

Please help.

/Asger

Solution
PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp.

PLEASE try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough. Get a quality unit from reputed brands like EVGA, Corsair, EVGA, SEASONIC, ANTEC, Cooler Master, BE Quiet and other similar brands.
The card has a 8 slots for power supply pins, and i power it with a 6 pin cable and a 2 pin cable, is that a trouble?

Which cable did you connect, PCI-E power connector ?

0XXJuyA.jpg

Aug 20, 2019
Since i have no way of connecting a monitor to my computer without a graphics card, i checked my BIOS version in msinfo32 and it just says Bios version: 'Older'

Since i have no way of connecting a monitor to my computer without a graphics card, i checked my BIOS version in msinfo32 and it just says Bios version: 'Older'

Why so ? Your board supports igpu, onboard graphics via HDMI. You meed to connect the Monitor's cable to the motherboard, not GPU.

Btw, my current PSU is a Raidmax RX-600AF ATX12V

Oh no ! RAIDMAX PSUs should be avoided like a plague. All their models are junk poor quality units, and shouldn't be used on any Gaming PC. This might also be the culprit in your case. Not enough power/juice coming form this raidmax PSU ?

Anyways, I seriously won't advice you to use that RAIDMAX PSU for such a high-end card. Can you TEST your GPU by using some other power supply, if possible ?

Raidmax psus are generally considered fire hazards, not even worthy of being called power supplies (with one strange exception that came out last year), so it's definitely a good idea to buy a new one.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp.

PLEASE try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough. Get a quality unit from reputed brands like EVGA, Corsair, EVGA, SEASONIC, ANTEC, Cooler Master, BE Quiet and other similar brands.

Last edited:
Solution
To be very honest, I DO indeed suspect the PSU as the culprit here, though I'm saying this with 100% surety, if suppose the problem lies elsewhere.

But regardless of whether your current PSU might or might not be the cause, using RAIDMAX PSUs is not recommended for gaming PCs. Period.