[SOLVED] MSI Geforce RTX 3080 Sea Hawk X 10G LHR mounting question

vbcubey

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016
I'm looking to mount an MSI RTX Sea Hawk X 10G in a new build. The case I'm currently considering is a Phanteks Eclipse P600S. I need to mount the GPU's cooler on the front panel of the case.

My concern is that the cooler's tubes might not be long enough. I'd like them to have a little slack. The tubes are 470mm long. The Eclipse is 510mm deep. I already know that the cooler can't be mounted on the front panel of a Phanteks Enthoo Pro, which is 550mm deep. That's why I'm thinking of trying a mid-tower rather than a full.

Does anyone know if that GPU's cooler can comfortably reach the front panel of Eclipse P600S?

Lutfij

Titan
I'd mount the cooler towards the top of the case since it seems the front of the case might be a little too much ask of the tubes from the GPU's AIO. If the fans were mounted in front of the AIO then you get 25mm of length as slack from the tubing.

vbcubey

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016
If I mount the cooler on the top of the case—which I agree is a good idea—then I'll have trouble getting the tubes around the CPU cooler. Since I plan on putting an 11900K in the build, I'm going to need a big air cooler. I don't think there'd be room for a big air cooler, like a Noctua NH-D15, and the tubes for the GPU's cooler if I do a top mount. When I test installed the Sea Hawk in the Enthoo Pro, it certainly looked like the GPU's cooler's tube would be up against the CPU cooler, probably touching the radiator vanes.

What kind of CPU cooling solution can I use to make sure that there's room for the GPU cooler's tubes in a top mount?

vbcubey

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016
So do you think that a Phanteks Enthoo Pro would work equally well? It's about the same size as the H500P, give or take a few millimeters.

Did you have trouble with the GPU's cooler being too close to the motherboard's power connector in the upper left of the board?

It seems to me that the NH-D15 might work too, since it'd provide a little more space between the GPU cooler and the CPU cooler, although it'd be closer to the GPU. Maybe run an NH-D15 with only one fan?

That's your build?

vbcubey

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016
I was thinking one fan for the NH-D15 so it'd have the same depth as the NH-D15S. Maybe that wouldn't matter?

Does your GPU cooler touch the motherboard power cables in the upper left hand corner of the board?

David

vbcubey

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016
Okay, I'll try it. When I test-mounted the GPU cooler in my case here (Enthoo Pro), it was pretty tight against the motherboard power cables, but I'll play around with it and see what I can do.

Thanks for all your help.

TRENDING THREADS