Question RAM upgrade for MSI GF63 Thin 10SC-210NEU ?

DO1DoubleG

Honorable
Sep 8, 2015
Hey everyone,

I was going to buy some more RAM for my Notebook but don't know which type of RAM I got exactly. When googling my Kingston RAM model number (MSI32D4S2S1ME-8) it gives me these two results: SDRAM or ValueRAM
Specifications seem to match, but I don't know which one is right and how to check it? Is there some way what kind of RAM I got, CPU-Z and Task Manager just shows DDR4...

Thank you in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're able to extract the stick of ram from the laptop, can you parse images of what you're seeing on the stickered side of the ram? If you can't find the exact same stick of ram, then it's best that you buy two sticks of ram or better, a dual channel ram kit and then replace the lone stick of ram with aforementioned ram kit. You can then sell the spare stick of ram or keep it for the sake of troubleshooting in the future.

On a side note, now would be a good idea to understand how to disassemble the laptop since you're going to have to do that when the ram kit(or identical stick of ram arrives). Also keep a tube of good quality thermal paste handy so you can perform a maintenance run in the laptop's internals/vents for better cooling.

Reactions: DO1DoubleG