MSI GF72-8RE suddenly abnormally high temps, low fps

Jul 18, 2020
So since a few days, my Laptop suddenly drops FPS and temperatures abnormally, i've installed latest drivers and the usual stuff.

(Funny Thing though, yesterday the game actually ran pretty OK, going at 65 FPS, but sometimes stuttering to 30.)

Example: GTA V running, only background Apps: Discord, MSI Dragon Center, Geforce Experience, Throttlestop

FPS: on laptop start and GTA start 150 FPS, but then i join online once, the fps drop to 40, join back to story mode FPS went back to even 30. Restarting doesn't help either.
Temperatures while playing are constantly like this:
CPU: 85-90°C GPU: 95-99°C
Ram Usage: 8/16 GBs
The Temps are horrible, GPU constantly at 100% usage, CPU at about 30-40%

I also tried downloading the older VGA Drivers from this page: https://de.msi.com/Laptop/support/GV72-8RE#down-bios but they don't give any improve of FPS or Temps.

Relevant Specs:
GPU: GTX 1060 Mobile
CPU: I7-8750H (Tried Undervolting with Throttlestop, didn't help much.)
RAM: 16 GB (In NZXT Cam i saw that those are 2 different RAM Sticks, one from Samsung and the other from apparently doesn't have any.)
And the Laptop is about 3 Years old.

I'm already going to buy a Desktop PC next Year, but until then, i can't play anything.

If anyone knows how to fix the FPS and temps, please Reply.

I already tried cleaning the Fans on the back with a vacuum cleaner through the holes but nothing.

Opening the back of the Laptop and doing stuff like applying new thermal paste, is pretty scary because of how you open the back, so basically i wouldn't like to do that.

Elros

Reputable
BANNED
Dec 16, 2020
1060m throttles at 93-94C*, IMO so yours keep throttling and because it lacks of cooling, it's in a cycle of throttling.
Ohh, you sound like you have never cleaned that guy... If you are scared to do so, take it to a computer place, they would clean and repaste it for a small price, would take only half an hour. It runs pretty hot.