MSI GP62MVR Leopard Pro Gaming Laptop Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like the GTX 1060 has finally made it possible to release extremely capable 1080P gaming laptops in acceptable (if not ultra-portable) form factors at reasonable prices. Thanks for the review.

One comment: You say, "the Alienware sacrifices CPU power and memory capacity for a better GPU and increased (objectively) aesthetic value"
Surely "aesthetic value" is by its very nature subjective, not objective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all.

Give me a good i5 w/at least the GTX 1060 6 gb GPU and I think we have a more budget friendly option, IMHO. I would like to see how that would stack up and at what price difference we would see.

FritzEiv

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013

Hang tight. You're going to see one very soon (literally editing it right now).

GREAT! That is the perfect combo, IMHO, for a "Budget" gaming rig, if there is such a thing.

davea0511b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Good review. Still too spendy for me right now, but probably means VR ready will be in the sub $1000 by next year.

FYI regarding this: "the MSI GP62MVR falls oh-so-short of the Alienware 15 (by 0.05 FPS)"... the phrase "oh-so" is generally a diminutive form of "oh-so-much" which means "very" or "extremely", not "oh-so-little" as it seems you intended. I think the phrase you intended was "just-so" or more accurately, "just", as in "just short of".

Decends

Respectable
Jul 3, 2016
I do not understand the point of the 3GB version of the 1060. I wish this laptop came with a 6GB GTX 1060 because i love the minimalist yet nice looking style of the Leopard. It seems i will be forced to buy one of Asus' budget 1060 6GB laptops since MSI has nothing to offer to counter Asus' cheaper options.

Status
Not open for further replies.