MSI GS70 Stealth vs. Aorus X7

ProLeopard

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Hello everyone,

Here are two amazing gaming laptops that I am planning on buying. Price is not a concern. I do not know which one is the right choice. The MSI looks more sleek, while the Aorus looks cooler and comes with two graphics cards. The processor, RAM, Hard Drive are the same. The MSI has a nice keyboard and the Aorus has a chiclet one, but I probably won't be using the keyboard much anyway ( I have a separate one)
They are both great machines and I don't know which one to go with. I know there are other machines such as the Razer Blade Pro and I was wondering how that would compare to these notebooks as well. (Remember only the Pro, the one with Switchblade UI and GTX780M)

Anyway, thanks for your help
ProLeopard

Solution
It looks like the Auros is actually the sleeker laptop - it's a smaller form factor, although both are large. I prefer the GS70, as I've done research on it recently and it does its job well. It's big and heavy, but you're gaming on it, so that's what you get. The cooling works well, and I will always prefer one more powerful card over two weaker ones working together (this is a popular opinion AFAIK). Plus, the GS70 apparently has really good speakers, and probablya better keyboard (just in case you DO end up using it).

l337n00bh4x0r

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
It looks like the Auros is actually the sleeker laptop - it's a smaller form factor, although both are large. I prefer the GS70, as I've done research on it recently and it does its job well. It's big and heavy, but you're gaming on it, so that's what you get. The cooling works well, and I will always prefer one more powerful card over two weaker ones working together (this is a popular opinion AFAIK). Plus, the GS70 apparently has really good speakers, and probablya better keyboard (just in case you DO end up using it).

Solution

polyscient

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
No, the GS70 keyboard can't be better. It's the worst keyboard I've ever had. The space bar malfunctioned after 3 moths of use. MSI has offered to fix it under warranty but I have to ship it to them and my retailer tells me their turnaround is about 25 days. If you do a moderate amount of typing, the GS70 is not a great choice because the Steelseries keyboard is literally made of garbage.