[SOLVED] MSI GT 710 'Video memory management internal' upon boot.

Jul 9, 2020
Hi all,

I recently purchased a MSI GT 710 and although it's apparently a PCI-E 2.0, it refuses to work in my Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H (rev 1.0) mobo.

When I boot up with the GPU installed:

The display turns on, my BIOS graphic shows up, but then the machine hangs (internal speaker starts making a clicking noise if I press any keys).
Upon booting I get my usual system beep, followed by 3 beeps (with a large amount of time between them. 30~ seconds) before I get a BSOD with 'video memory management internal'.

I'm a software person. I'm relatively new to hardware, so if you need any further information please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020
Is this a new card? What is the power supply brand and model? Try doing a BIOS update for the motherboard?

Thanks for your reply :) This card is 2nd hand, but it was tested and it is in pristine condition.

Not sure of the brand of PSU, but it's a 700w so it should be more than enough. The whole system shouldn't be drawing more than a few hundred watts.

Any links to some info on upgrading the BIOS? I'm always worried that I manage to destroy my setup by fiddling with the sorta stuff I don't yet understand.

EDIT: My BIOS was V4, so I updated to the latest version (V14) and this completely solved all of my issues (not just this one, but my PC now sees my full 16GB of ram, instead of the 8GB it was detecting earlier on).

Thanks a million!!!

Last edited: