Question MSI GT75VR-7RF WINDOWS 1903 ISSUE

Jun 25, 2019
Hello Everyone ,

I am encountring big issue with 1903 with my device through Windows Update , Upgrade Assistant and Media Creation Tool

After Normal Window Update or Upgrade Assistant , The Update is not applied after restarting and update still request the restart

When i use media creation tool and Choosing ( Upgrade this PC ) I got this error

1903 update we've set your pc back to the way it was right before you started installing windows 10. 0xc1900101 - 0x20017 the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during boot operation

Then I created USB Drive from media creation tool but I can not install windows update from it as I got error ( Attention , This PC is not compatible with this upgrade )

I tried the following :
Clean boot by disabling non microsoft services and disabling startup items
  • Removing any connected USB Devices including mouse
  • Disable Norton Antivirus

Also
  • Performing BIOS Update ( UEFI Bios Update )
  • Full Complete Harddisk factory reset Many times ..!!

After completing the factory reset .Windows Update applying 1703 and 1803 Normally and still have 1903 issue

N.B
The system installed on ( 2 Samsung 960 Pro M.2 ) with Raid zero array ( Intel Premium boot )

Regards

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does this laptop have 2 NVME drives in RAID? (link )

Any chance any of the PC's in this thread have RAID or other storage controllers that SSD drives are plug in to? This was my problem on a Dell Precision T3600. I plugged my drive into a "normal" SATA slot and windows installed perfectly. After the installation, I went to Dell's support site and downloaded the driver for my storage controller. Plugged the SSD back in to the controller and it's been working great. Even though I don't have a RAID setup, windows just didn't have the proper driver.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...7/5bdf6fe0-11c7-470d-a7ab-fcda4765be24?auth=1

Did you ask on MSI as well? https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=320333.0 (nothing wrong with it if you did, it just seems a coincidence if its not you)