MSI GT80 Titan Keyboard Malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretoryan

Prominent
May 13, 2017
Last night I have spilled a very small amount of juice on my keyboard. Somehow, this resulted in it going haywire and acting as if there is a random button pressed at all times. This is a problem, because I cannot evenget past the windows user login screen now.

I tried cleaning it up completely(the keyboard). Leaving it to dry for 12 hours and just about anything besides opening up the laptop. I have a usb keyboard I additionaly use, but It cannot type while the laptop gets constant input from its own. I cannot access safe mode or anything alike to disable the keyboard driver, because I cannot even enter windows due to login password.

Due to my location (Serbia, Europe) its almost impossible to send my laptop to an MSI repair place in far away land, it would most likely just get “lost” in the post office.

Is there a way to unplug the keyboard inside, or do you think another solution/problem might be the case?

Solution
The keyboard can be unplugged. you would have to remove the back panel and disconnect the keyboard ribbon cable from the motherboard.
you can see the ribbon cables in the second and third photos here: https://www.myfixguide.com/manual/msi-gt80-titan-disassembly/
Status
Not open for further replies.